Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Blue Winds Dancing" by Tom Whitecloud

Music is my life.  I’m sure you’ve heard many music enthusiasts claim the same motto.  For me though it is what keeps me alive.  I play piano and sing for the Praise Band at my church.  Each week I am recharged and revived through the musical and prayerful workings of the Holy Spirit through Christ.  Each key I press, each note I sing is a direct connection to the God I live my life for.  As the frequencies of each separate instrument pulsates through my being I am washed clean by the Breath of my Lord.  After playing a song, there are some moments when I am short winded and awestruck.  My small contribution to further God’s kingdom is something I hold near and dear to my heart.  When I miss a week for whatever odd reason, I feel tired and worn down.  I wake up restless and tattered.  I look forward to our rehearsals as much as the services themselves.  As we as a Praise Band gather to practice, we pray our songs as if a full congregation is sitting in the empty church.  For that moment we are one body musically connecting ourselves to our Savoir.  When a new comer watches my fellow musicians and I quiver with excitement on our instruments they cannot help but be carried in this most holy act.  I am quite blessed to be able to worship in such a strong way.  These moments in my life are what are truly important me.

1 comment:

  1. I guess as your teacher at a state-funded school, I'm not supposed to share things like this, but I'm going to anyway....I LOVE to worship and I love hearing ALL the different instruments used in worship services! It truly is amazing how much a difference it makes when even ONE person and his/her instrument is missing!!! PTL & JUMOY!!! (PTL = Praise the Lord) & (JUMOY= Jump for Joy)

    ReplyDelete