Friday, March 18, 2011

PERSONAL "Blue Winds Dancing" by Tom Whitecloud

The story I enjoyed most was Tom Whiteclouds "Blue Winds Dancing."  I truly felt I was with Whitecloud during his alienation while away from his home.  I felt his pain and longing as his journeyed back to the reservation.  I was able to see what he was seeing.  Most importantly it made me take a look at my life and the many distractions I have surrounded myself with.  I understand what Whitecloud means when he says we are people who are never satisfied with what we have.  We always want bigger: we always want faster.  If we as a civilization stopped and allowed ourselves to enjoy the wonders that God has already provided for us maybe we wouldn't be such a harsh and bitter race.  I've shared this short story with many of my friends and members of my prayer group.  It really has helped me to start simplifying my life and enjoying the simplicity around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment